Friday, February 24, 2012

New Facry and Borderlands?

Days fly when you are stressed huh? Hey how about some game news


Borderlands 2 had it's trailer a couple of days ago and I admit it looks pretty cool, but the first thing I thought when I saw this trailer was of the Farcry 3 trailer, I really, REALLY hope this trend of making game trailers with dubstep doesn't catch on, I mean I'm pretty sure I've seen it in other trailers but this ones are the most recent, but hell both games look cool so they might be worth checking out.

What bothers me of this is that they try to attract the masses or the "Call of Duty audiences" as some call it, with this pumped trailer with a cool shooter where you are a superhero, with words like EPIC FIGHTING flying around the trailer, I get it, it looks cool, just show me more gameplay and less repetitive music.

Only time will tell if this is yet another way to casualize and bring to the masses the VG industry, some say is completely bad, I say the industry growing is good, but to a certain extent, we don't want rehash after rehash of games that could've easily been just a DLC download right? Oh wait..... MW3

4 comments:

  1. Release day DLCs should be banned. Forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved Borderlands I think its my favourite game lol
    all other games are too annoying
    cant wait for #2!!
    I hope the whole trend of dubstep disappears too ;D

    ReplyDelete